Donausteig Stage 3_S06 Linz...
long-distance walking trail
- Description rapide
- The Donausteif-simply fabulous! This stage leads us from Linz into the rural Linzer Basin through unique rural lanscape of the magnificent Traun-Enss-Riedellandes (region) past the Stift St. Florian to Enns. During the stage, we discover the world of Anton Bruckner, Vierkanthöfe (farms) as symbols of the farming tradition, of the most beautiful baroque abbeys, the oldest city of Austria...
- Point de départ
- Linz- Mainsqure (Linz has two Donausteig-starting points, however this one lies very central: The Donausteig-starting point for stage „3_S06 Linz-Enns“ is located on the east exit of the Linzer Schlosses (castle); the Donausteig-starting point for the stage „3_N07 Linz-Steyregg“ is located in Urfahr on the danube embankment in front of the Ars-Electronica-Center).
- Meilleure saison
- The marvelous Linzer Main square is the beginning of this Donausteig-stage. With the tram we reach from here Ebelsberg, a city region of Linz on the south eastern side of the Linzer Basin. A once autonomous self, Ebelserg wrote istelf into history as strategic important crossing over teh Traunfluss (river). From the beautiful city center we begin our hike through the city until we leave it and the highway bridge behind us. Then one of the most impressive rural landscapes of Upper Austria begins: gentle hills, fertile fields, traditional orchards, the Vierkanthöfe (farms) of Upper Austria,... the Traun--Enns-Riedel country!
On old foot and field path which used alreay by Anton Bruckner, we hike over our first Riedel (hill) to the Donausteig-resting point „Ölkam“ in the same named farm village. The village emerges as a prehistoric settlement with a millenium-old puzzle. Over the fields of the next Riedel (hill) we reach farm village of Rohrbach. After a short stretch along the main road we enter on farm over the next Riedel (hill) the settlement of Leitnerberg. Through a short forest stretch we reach the Ölberg (hill) above the Stift St. Florian (abbey). Impressiveley the huge abbey lies beneath us. A short decent brungs us to the Abbey, the highlight of this Donausteig-stage! The might abbey is a jewel of baroque architecture and has many interesting details. For example, the burial site of the St. Florains and the music virtuoso Anton Bruckner. From the historic Market St. Florian we hike across the wide Ipfbachtal (valley). During the crossing views of the abbey in its dominance as a bastion of religion is presented. Past the beautiful Vierkanthöfen (farms) of the farming hamlet Weiling we reach on farm roads the next Riedel (hill). From here we see for the first time the city tower of Enss, our stage-finish point. A further comfortable hike up and down leads us to the Schloss Tillysburg (castle). The castle prides itself in its simple architecture and with its wonderful view of the Danube valley. After a short decent we cross on a secondary raod the Kristenbachtal (valley) and reach the historic farm settlement of Volkersdorf. From here we hike over our last Riedel (hill) and stand after a short forst stretch at the Donausteig-resting point "Rabenberg". Here a magnificent view of the Donausteig is possible -three different landscapes and hte historic city of Enns! After a short decent and we continue to hike along the Moosbachtal (valley) to the city of Enns. After a few minutes uphill we follow the ridge downhill to the beautiful old city of Enns, one of the oldest cities of Austria.
Discover with the Donausteig-diary the following:
-Traunfluss-Salt out of the Salzkammergut (region)
-Ebelsberg-a piece of history
-Canonball in house walls
-on the path of Anton Bruckner
-Vierkanthöfe or "of the pride of farmers"
-Meditation- the inner self
-Donausteig-Resting point „St. Florian“
Download: Donausteig-diary „ Stage 3_S06 Linz-Enns“ - yet to follow!
- Description d'itineraire
- From the main square in Linz take the tram line 2 to the station of Ebelsberg (Fadingerplatz). There begins our hike. We follow the main road to the south. At the big Y-junction follow the main road left uphill. In the long left bend after approx. 180 m turn right on a foot and bike path. The path transfers into the center of the cemetary (left of us) and the Reselstrasse (street). Continue straight and reach the junction with the wide Harheimerstrasse (street). We follow across from it uphill to the next junction (junction lights). There turn right uphill on the Florianerstrasse (L654) under the Highway bridge until shortly after an asphalt road branches off to the left. Here steps lead over the slope to where a magnificent pathway begins (to the left is a petrol station). At the path crossing we connect with an asphalt road. Follow it downhill. After a sharp left bend a field path leads us on a right bend over a hill to the Donausteig-resting point „Ölkam“. Cross the junction in village of „Ölkam“ and continue straight. After a right bend continue uphill to where the asphalted Siedlungstrasse turns into a field path. At the t-junction turn left downhill. Pass the transmission tower and continue along the field path further downhill to the junction with the main road in Rohrbach. The main road leads us to the village of Leitnerberg. At the Inn Rohrbäcker the Donausteig-trail branch off to the left into the Siedlungsstrasse. Shortly after we hike over a stone road uphill to the forest edge. Turn left. A few meters in the forest turn right and on a footpath reach the asphalt road in the settlement at the forest edge. Continue on it. At the next junction continue straight on the hill. At the then following junction with the Ölbergkapelle (Pavillon architecture) turn right onto the foot path downhill to the Stift St. Florian (abbey). In front of the last stair decent to the abbey church turn right. This asphalt road leads us past the Donausteig-starting point "St. Florian" and in a large loop reaches the main entrance of the Abbey St. Florian. From here along the road continue downhill and reach after a long left bend the market place of St. Florian. We leave the market place on the east side and turn straightaway right (in front of the market municipal office). Then we follow left the Leopold-Kotzmann-Strasse (street). After a short right bend cross the train tracks of the Florianerbahn, and then the Asphalt road turns into a field path. At the forest edge turn left. The foot path leads us later over a bridge of the Ipfbaches (river) to the main road L566. There turn left and then right uphill the Weilinger-Strasse. At the t-crossing turn left. We follow the street through the farm hamlet Weiling to the east. In front of the last house on the right side we turn to the right and hike uphill the s-curved Asphalt street. At the junction at the summit of the Riedels (hill) turn left. A long s-curve leads us downhill to a t-junction in Oberndorf. Hier turn left. After approx. 250 m turn right on the field path and continue around farm uphill to the Schotterstrasse. Continuing left we reach an asphalt road which we follow to the right to the Schloss Tillysburg (castle). In front of the castle begins left a footpath which encircles the castles on the east adn leads us downhill to the Inn Weberberg. Here turn right and then left and follow the asphalt road to Volkersdorf. At the T-junction turn right and on the main road until the large farm (across form the bus station). Turn left and cross the Roggenstrasse uphill. The asphalt road continues into a field path. After the crossing of the new B309 take the asphalt road at the junction into the woods. At the junctino approx. 50 m from the next farm (on the left side) a small detour leads us to the Donausteig-resting point "Rabenberg". The Donausteig continues though to the right downhill. At the valley bottom we follow the Moosbachl (stream) along the embankment. Under the highway we reach in Enss again an asphalt road. Here turn right uphill. At the next junction turn right again uphill and follow the Perlenstrasse (street) to the main road. Follow it to the left downhill. Turn right into the next road (Gürtlerstraße). After a short left curve the road leads us parallel to the main road in the direction of the old city. At the former barracks the road turns into a barracks road. At the end of the road it makes a small left turn, and straight turn right straight to the main road in the direction of the old city. Shortly along the Wienerstrasse and then left uphill to the church square. North of the parish church St. Marien through the church alley adn then left along the alley to the Bäckerturm (tower) (corner Bräuergasse). Here first left and then right past the Carl Adam Kaltenbrunner park. The Linzer Strasse leads us to the right finally to the city square of Enns.
To help you with the orientation, teh Donausteig has its own orientation system- the description can be found here .
- Hauteur maximale
- 371 m
- Point de mire
- Enns - Main square (there is no designated Donausteig-starting point here)
- Profil en hauteur
- Sturdy shoes
- With the music of Anton Bruckner in the background, wil the special, rural landscape of the Traun-Enns-Riedllandes (region) become a perfekted symphony! On top of that will the hike bring through the magnificiant Stift St. Florian (abbey) new dimensions to the Donausteig.
WGD Donau Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH
4040 Linz, Austria
Tourist Information Linz
www.linz-tourismus.info und www.linz.at/tourismus
Hauptplatz 1 (im Stadtturm)
- The starting point of this Stage is Linz's Main Square (Navigation: A-4020 Linz, Hauptplatz).
- Transport en commun
- Linz can be reach by bus and tarin. At the beginnig of this trail we take from the Linz's main square the tram 2 to Ebelsberg/Ort, from where the hike begins. A transfer back form Enss to Linz is possible as well by bus and train. When taking the train take notice that the stations are further away from the respective city centers (main squares)! Information on timetables online at http://www.ooevv.at .
- At the Main square there are no parking possibilites, however in its surroundings there are possibilites free of charge. Free of charge are the parking lots on the Urfahrenermarkets (market) (Approx. 15 min. walking distance take notice of the road block due to market - information at www.urfahranermarkt.at ). In a radius of around 10 walking minutes from the main square there are a number of parking possibilities.
Die Tour Donausteig Stage 3_S06 Linz - Enns: „Anton Bruckner and the perfekt Landscape symphony“ wird von outdooractive.com bereitgestellt.
Noch schnell für den anstehenden Ausflug versichern? Inkl. Rettungshubschrauber ab 3,98 €Jetzt Informieren
Donausteig Stage 3_S06 Linz - Enns: „Anton Bruckner and the perfekt Landscape symphony“
Itinéraires dans les environs
288 km / 6 755 Hm
Donausteig Stage 2_G02 Eferding - Wilhering: „Donau-water ways and living space"
15 km / 8 Hm
Donausteig Stage 4_G03 Mauthausen - Perg: „From granite art and millstones“
12 km / 164 Hm
Donausteig Stage 3_S05 Wilhering - Linz: „Over the Prinzensteig through the L...
13 km / 503 Hm
267 km / 5 490 Hm
Donausteig Stage 3_N07 Linz - Steyregg: „Summit assault in the Linzer Basin“
22 km / 487 Hm