Radenci lies in north-eastern Slovenia, in a region of thermal and mineral springs and vineyards.
The oldest recorded mention of Radenci dates from 1436, when it appears as Radein. It became famous as a health resort in 1833, when Karel Henn discovered an exploitable mineral water spring here. In 1869 Dr Henn tapped the first spring. That year, which saw 37,000 clay bottles filled with water from the spring, is considered to mark the start of exploitation of Radenci's mineral water.
Farmers with carts distributed the water around the area and it was even sent to the Pope and the Emperor. The mineral water and health resort were soon famous throughout the world.
Many visitors are attracted here by the favourable climate and the medicinal water with the "three hearts" label.