Lake Faak Hike...
Dates des itinéraires
559 - 802m
- Description rapide
- A medium to difficult hike near Lake Faak.
- Point de départ
- Possible starting points: Egg on Lake Faak, Oberferlach or Ledenitzen
- Meilleure saison
- Mysterious mountains, sacred power spots, legendary woods and four stunning summit views in Bleiberg, Petelin, Wauberg and Tabor. Hansi Mikl lives right in the middle of this environment and has been fascinated by its stories since childhood. The adventure starts right on Lake Faak. We are immediately immersed into the mountainous environment along with its myths and legends- the forest mostly overgrown and shrouded in mystery. Evasive caves have been said to exist in the region, as well as ancient refuges. Five mountains tower over Lake Faak and the Rose Valley. Four of them are our goal.
- Description d'itineraire
- Bleiberg lies to the southwest at 770 meters, and is the highest peak of the troika- this will be our first peak. The peak offers a magnificent view of Lake Wörth, the Drau and the St. Martin swamp- from here we continue our journey to the Petelin (802 meters). In the swamp we encounter the old scout camp “Techuana,” a former mining house for inhabitants of the mountain. A romantic gorge takes us past the foothills of the Rudniks (717 meters)- Rudnik is Slovenian for “mine.” The walls of the foothills used to be riddled with tunnels which are unfortunately no longer accessible. The Wauberg peak lies to our north at 689 meters. This is a cone-shaped mountain that is steep on each side. On the small summit-area we find prehistoric and Roman remains. Historians have vaguely conjectured that this area was a pre-Roman place of worship, a Roman fort, or an early medieval fortress. This leaves a lot of room for myths and legends- above all, the area provides a fabulous view of the Karavanken mountain range and the Drau River. And last but not least, the Tabor lies to the west at 725 meters, a table mountain with loose stone walls. A truly worthy end to the tour, the Tabor provides us with another majestic view.
- Hauteur maximale
- 802 m
- Point de mire
- Neuegg am Faaker See via "Tabor Rundweg"
- Profil en hauteur
- Good shoes, binoculars and drinks.
- Consignes de sécurité
- In wet weather, be careful for slippery spots and wet leaves in the gorge.
- There is a wonderful treetop ropes course on the Tabor Peak: www.hochhinauf.at
- Lake Faak is best reached by taking the A2 highway- exit "Villach-Faaker See."
- Transport en commun
- Egg is reachable with the post busses and Ledenitzen is reachable with both the post busses and the S2 train of the ÖBB.
- Egg on Lake Faak, Oberferlach and Ledenitzen
Die Tour Lake Faak Hike- 4-Summit-View-Tour (Bleiberg, Petelin, Wauberg and Tabor) wird von outdooractive.com bereitgestellt.
Noch schnell für den anstehenden Ausflug versichern? Inkl. Rettungshubschrauber ab 3,98 €Jetzt Informieren
Lake Faak Hike- 4-Summit-View-Tour (Bleiberg, Petelin, Wauberg and Tabor)
QR Codes - Tourdownload für Mobiltelefone
Point de rassemblement